Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pictures from Portland

So I know I'm a little behind, but I wanted to share some of our pics from our time in Portland! We spent the first part of our trip staying in the "Knakal Studio"...well okay, we converted the Den to John and I's room. Since I didn't have to work I spent my days with Sarah. I loved getting to do everyday things with the kids and Sarah like taking them to school and running errands. John and I also got to see good friends, like the Oranen's, Shana and Greg, Brooke, The Baileys, everyone at Building Champions, The Halvorsen's and the lots of Riverwest friends. We went to the Building Champions Christmas Party which was very fun and very emotional! (sad knowing that I won't be a part of everyday life with those amazing people). John played in Jaime and Dave's wedding which was beautiful!
Around Christmas we stayed at John's parents house with his other sister Stephanie and her boyfriend Mo. She lives in San Francisco so it was great to see them!
The last part of our trip we all went to Sunriver in Central Oregon - which is where the real snow is! It was relaxing and enjoyable- playing with the kids, baking, reading, trips to Goody's ( the candy store) and sledding were all great memories!

This is Johns sister and brother in law- I can't say enough about them - so I'll just say that we love and miss them soooo much!

Sarah and I

Papa ( Johns dad) playing with Hudson and Hailey

The Knakals- before the snowball fight! :)

The In-laws (Greg and I) with our party hats on

Delicious!

The kids chose a dinosaur theme for John's birthday party- so fun!

Yes...Uncle John and the boys are ALWAYS wrestling! That's what uncles are for, right?

Christmas Day:


I mean, how can you not just love that astronaut...

It snowed on Christmas day! This is at John's parents house

Who remembers this from their childhood...I do! I do! One of the kids got this for Christmas!



The Army guy! ( the boys are very into dressing up in different "guy" costumes- army guy, fire guy, football guy, etc)

Where did Uncle John go?

So that is some of our family! We miss them so much and had a blast spending 3 weeks with everyone! I wish I had pics of everything we did: sledding, reading together, going to Hannah's bball games, eating, lots of laughing- we just have a perfect time with them!!!

3 comments:

the o's said...

love the pics natalee! looks like you guys had such a great holiday - can you believe it's already been a month since Christmas?! hope you're doing well!

Bex said...

mmmmmm. those cupcakes look scrumptious!

Marcy said...

I love snoopy snowcones!