Friday, January 25, 2008

Pray for Kenya!

I received this email from my friend Shana who has done some mission work in Kenya, but the content is from one of her friends- either way, lets pray for Kenya!

As most of you have seen in the news, Kenya has been a scene of war this past month. The leader of the mission trip i went on 2 summers ago, Loise, sent me this email. Please take some time to pray for these gentle, loving people. They were so welcoming of us when we went to serve and i can't imagine how their lives have changed with this violence. Pray that the Lord will have a healing hand over their country. Grace and peace,
JANUARY 25th 2008 DAY OF PRAYER FOR KENYA

"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray, I will hear from heaven, I will hear and I will come and HEAL THEIR LAND." God, 2 Chronicles 7:14
On January 25th 2008 , we are asking Every Kenyan, Every Friend of Kenyans, Everywhere to take time to make a concerted prayer for Kenya . We want EVERY Kenyan and Every Friend of Kenyans in EVERY CONTINENT on the face of the earth to be praying together on this one day on behalf of our country.
What to pray for: -
PEACE, PEACE, PEACE -
Whatever else you feel in your heart to pray for concerning Kenya
'Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me show love; when there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.'
St Francis 1915

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie, how does next Sunday or the next work for you guys for lunch. It was good to talk to y'all today at church and I look forward to getting together.

Anonymous said...

hey natalee,
i think it's so good that you are praying for those poor people in kenya. there are so many of us who are content to live our lives and completely forget about those that are suffering elsewhere around the world. thank you for posting your prayer.
i am also responding to you about knowing someone who needs a house in april? ?!? you can email me at
indysun7@yahoo.com to talk about it more. thanks so much for responding.
lauren taylor